How-To Guides

Types of Statuses of Residence for starting a business

A foreign national who wants to reside in Japan must qualify a relevant status of residence stipulated by the Immigration Control Act.  In principle, it is necessary for a foreign national starting a business in Japan to acquire the following status;

(A) Unrestricted Statuses (See Table 1)









(B) Investor / Business Manager

If unrestricted statuses are not granted, a foreign national need to acquire “Investor / Business Manager” status to start a business in the both cases of “Company” or “sole proprietorship.”